Departing January 24, 2018
Sailing the Indian Ocean involves more than white sand beaches and crystal clear seas (though, yes please!). During this 11-night expedition cruise with Silversea, transcend the traditional itinerary to an inspired corner of the world and discover uninhabited islands and villages. Shore excursions include stops in Hanifaru Bay, Uligamu Island, Parumal Par Reef, and Beypor, among others.
– Visit the tiny, uninhabited Olhugiri Islandan. Olhugiri is one of two islands in the entire Maldives with regular roosting frigate birds.
– Uligamu Island is a yacht hotbed for accessing the Arabian Sea, and the first in the Maldives to use a combination of renewable energies via wind turbines and solar panels in a micro grid.
– Perumal Par is home to some of the most beautiful and virgin reefs in the world.
– Witness a Kalaripayattu performance—traditional combat training. Rituals include the worship of Hindu Gods inside the Kalari arena. Afterward, lunch with celebrity chef Faiza Moosa.
– Navigate the “Venice of the East,” located south of Cochin between the Arabian Sea and Lake Vembanad.
The 128-guest Silver Discoverer is your sleek floating headquarters.