Coined the Hamptons of South America, Jose Ignacio fuses both glamour and grit. Beat the crowds in early December or late February, and get prepped for ocean bliss, posh beach clubs, biking, wine and olive oil tastings, horse back riding, polo, boutique-hopping, and surfing.
– Bahia Vik. An oceanfront, art-centric hotel with incredible cuisine and a variety of room options.
– Estancia Vik. This Spanish colonial ranch is just minutes from the beach. Think countryside views—and the ideal complement to a beach stay at Bahia Vik.
– Or, book a private, beachside home fully serviced with a chef and housekeeping team.
– Wine tasting and vineyard dining is the order of the day here, with easy access to top regional vineyards.
– Garzon by Francis Mallman is worth the 40-minute scenic drive from Jose Ignacio. Source-to-fork fare and incredible seafood.
– The rustic-chic Narbona Wine Lodge is located in a historic Estancia. Sip wine from the vineyard and sample handcrafted cheese.
“Research” the friendly rivalry between Argentina and Uruguay on who has the best barbecue. Uruguayans claim their Parilla restaurants are tops.