– Hike El Valle de la Luna (Valley of the Moon), one of the driest places on the planet and where NASA conducted Mars ROVER testing.
– Hike the Puritama Hot Springs and soak in the natural thermal waters of the Atacama Desert with a glass of champagne.
– Awasi. With just 10 rooms and located in the historic trading town of San Pedro, each room has a dedciated private guide and own 4WD vehicle.
– Alto Atacama Desert Lodge & Spa. This gorgeous property embraces its natural setting. Located 10 minutes outside of Atacama with six outdoor pools and spa, it features a delicious restaurant and bar.
– Tierra Atacama. Founded by the well-known Purcell family—owners of Ski Portillo—this sister property celebrates the best of the desert life. Facing the Licancabur Volcano, expect panoramic views and stellar service.
– explora Atacama. Guides here are the best! Experienced leaders will challenge you at every level. Plus, the property has a private stable for experienced horseback riders and access to high-altitude hikes.
– Atacama is considered the best place on earth to star gaze. ALMA—an astronomical interferometer of radio telescopes—has recently offered tours to the public. Or, view the amazing night sky at explora Atacama with their own private observatory, the largest of its kind in Chile.
– Between Patagonia and Atacama, stop in Pucon in the Chilean Lake District and discover Hotel Vira Vira. A tranquil property with it’s own working dairy farm, it’s perfect for the food lover, while a guided hike up volcano Villarrica (9500-foot elevation) will fuel the adventurer.