[ ready. set. SAVOR. ]
Bridging past and present with old world elegance and modern culture, Europe never disappoints.
Fashion, food, design, art, and exploring enchanting hilltop villages are all in a day’s play.
[ know before you go ]
Essentials while traveling in Europe:
* Europeans tend to dress in a neutral palate, sans lots of patterns (and don’t typically wear white socks and sneakers). They take pride in their appearance and style. Enjoy “dressing up.”
* Unlike the U.S., where gratuity is expected, tipping in Europe is truly in response to stellar service and averages 10 percent of the bill. One euro for porters and taxis is customary.
* Slow down! Dining, amongst other things, is intended to be an extended experience. Service will not be rushed; it’s part of the culture and custom. Embrace the company and conversation as you settle into the European pace of living.
Walking or renting bikes can often be the most efficient and enjoyable way to navigate major cities, so wear comfortable shoes and “go the distance.”
* The volatility with exchange rates can be a benefit. Prepay for certain services (or convert currency) in advance of travel when the Euro is low.
* Expect to pay sizable luggage fees based on the number of bags and weight restrictions when flying on low cost carriers within Europe.
* European pharmacies are superb. Don’t worry about packing everything or forgetting something–the products you’ll find abroad are often superior to the U.S.
* Leave room in your luggage for purchases. Duty free benefits can offer up to a 20-percent discount on luxury products, so indulge!
Sir Rocco Forte, Chairman of Rocco Forte Hotel
Established by Sir Rocco Forte and sister, Olga Polizzi, in 1996, Rocco Forte Hotels is a family of 11 individual European hotels and resorts. The landmark properties occupy magnificent buildings in exceptional locations. Led by a family who has been in hospitality for four generations, Rocco Forte Hotels are united by distinctive service, ensuring guests experience the very best of each city.
[ TRIED AND TRUE ]
“In 2013, my wife and I took our four children (ages 7-17) on a nine-week adventure through Western Europe. For over a year, we worked with Julia and her team at JETSET on our itinerary. Their depth of knowledge and attention to detail were exactly what we needed to make this a once-in-a-lifetime experience for my family. We continue to enjoy working with Mel for our ongoing travel plans.”
– Barry Conybeare / St. Joseph, MI –
[ PREFERRED PROPERTIES ]
In Europe, we capitalize on places with personality and prime location, including such properties as Dorchester Collection, Firmdale Hotels, JK Place, La Reserve, Rocco Forte, Rosewood, and countless boutique gems that epitomize European charm.
Enjoy exclusive privileges at 1,100 properties worldwide. The JETSET calling card is a meticulously vetted network of premier partners. We develop and maintain personal relationships with travel industry trailblazers. We constantly scour the globe in search of top providers and the finest resorts.